The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $data_size - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/sharethispage.php(362) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/sharethispage.php(362) : eval()'d code 3 errorHandler->error
/inc/plugins/sharethispage.php 362 eval
/inc/class_plugins.php 139 sharethispage_run
/global.php 474 pluginSystem->run_hooks
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $data_related - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/sharethispage.php(362) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $data_count - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/sharethispage.php(362) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $data_hashtags - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/sharethispage.php(362) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $menu_rankings - Line: 30 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 57 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 57 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1399 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1399 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1354 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 76 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 167 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 167 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 167 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

The House of JUSTiSO - A Clash of Clans Community
War Assignments - Printable Version

+- The House of JUSTiSO - A Clash of Clans Community (http://www.justiso.net)
+-- Forum: The H.O.J. - A "Clash of Clans" Community (http://www.justiso.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Clash of Clans - General Discussion (http://www.justiso.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: War Assignments (/showthread.php?tid=825)

War Assignments - Bryzooka - 08-08-2015

Hey guys,
I'm a relatively new member to Justiso and have participated in 2 wars (11 stars total). So far I have followed my assignments or orders given by a leader. My understanding of how our targets are picked comes from a calculated estimate of our troops DPS. This is a great way of determining the possible damage a player can put out. So far I have only noticed one issue with the system, this system is great if all troops are upgraded evenly. Players like myself who use only one form of troop composition (for me it's air, all Max) and neglect to upgrade other troops are placed much lower on the assignment listings. I find this frustrating when after climbing to 3305 trophies (highest total in the clan) I know I can 80-100% any Max th9. I see stars being given up because other players are picked to hit targets because they happened to upgrade their troops across the board compared to focussing on a specific area. Some extra consideration I think should be taken into account for those who have proven they can haddle bigger targets.
Thanks for listening.

RE: War Assignments - _SilentScreams_ - 08-08-2015

We actually have ran into this before. I think assignments are great and work well 100% help us get us stars and stuff. Now I agree. Its frustrating to get a low target because your king is upgrading or you just generally don't like ground attacks, so you end up with a th8 in your first round. We have talked before about having somewhat a experience thing? I'm not even sure anymore.

Anyways here's my input

I think we need to consider the total stars in the past 5 wars. Maybe that can come into play. Because certainly I suck at attacking. I can't seem to get 3 stars anywhere. And that shud reflect on my attacks. Which currently it doesn't.

Some people like you for example. Have been here 2 wars and have 11 stars. That's crazy talk. That's really impressive.. Anyways. Maybe the more stars you bring during war the higher you possibly shud attack. 

Although. I do still think that we do need to continue our offset of 5,6, or 7 but generally I think there needs to be a way to implement "skill"

Silent 

RE: War Assignments - Zooks - 08-10-2015

Both fantastic points and I'm sorry for the slow response on this.  There are indeed multiple flaws with the current dps system.  For starters, many troop upgrades have low DPS increases but huge hit-point increases that have a significant impact on an attack -- Golems are a perfect example.  And similar to what Bryzooka points out, why should maxing your Gobs increase your likelihood of sucess against higher bases?  And indeed troop "Combos" are perhaps most important to consider.  If you have max golem, and no Pekka you cant run an effective gowipe... same for Max loons, low minions, & no hounds.  Also, depending on the base layout and defenses, many are hands down better to be hit by air or vise versa.  So a seasoned air attacker is better suited then a player with max ground troops.  

At the end of the day, its tuff to make a hard and fast measure on who should be ranked where.  What we can conclude however, is that the dps ranking system we have developed is at least "one step" better then the game ranking since it excludes the unnecessary measure of defense which has no bearing either way on attack strength or skill.  I agree that we could certainly do more though in considering match ups.  Trophies are one value we could consider, but it too has inconsistencies.  We've all seen the lv5 TH sniper with 3K+ trophies and then there's players like me that have plenty of war experience but rarely raid or push for trophies.  War stars really cant be a measure either because its dependent on your matchup.  I often ask the top guys to wait till the end and attack in-line or higher, so their odds at max stars are far less.  The bots get 6 stars EVERY WAR but I average 2-3 cause I'm usually attacking up 5 spots on one attack and then cleaning a low base for a single star on a second.  Should the Bots attack higher than me?  If we used war stars as a factor, we'd most likely have an issue getting folks to clean singles as it may handicap their position next war.

Bottom line, there's too many variables involved for one simple fix but we are definitely thinking in the right direction -- love that.  Lets please keep the input and conversation going to see if we can come up with that "next" something that will get us closer to that perfect equation.

Thanks again Bry for the constructive post!