The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $data_size - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/sharethispage.php(362) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/sharethispage.php(362) : eval()'d code 3 errorHandler->error
/inc/plugins/sharethispage.php 362 eval
/inc/class_plugins.php 139 sharethispage_run
/global.php 474 pluginSystem->run_hooks
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $data_related - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/sharethispage.php(362) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $data_count - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/sharethispage.php(362) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $data_hashtags - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/sharethispage.php(362) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $menu_rankings - Line: 30 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 57 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 57 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1399 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1399 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1354 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 76 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 167 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 167 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 167 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

The House of JUSTiSO - A Clash of Clans Community
War troop combinations - Printable Version

+- The House of JUSTiSO - A Clash of Clans Community (http://www.justiso.net)
+-- Forum: The H.O.J. - A "Clash of Clans" Community (http://www.justiso.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Clash of Clans - General Discussion (http://www.justiso.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: War troop combinations (/showthread.php?tid=704)

War troop combinations - Cooper - 04-19-2015

To leaders---here are some possible war combinations we could use...hope this helps

War troop combinations for different Townhalls and troop capacities:

TH8 Combo's

Warchaloon (25)
  • 2 wiz
  • 4 barb
  • 1 loon
  • 8 arch
Warchaloon (20)
  • 2 wiz
  • 3 barb
  • 1 loon 
  • 4 arch

Why would we EVER consider putting barbarians? Because barbarians do NOT deploy with the other troops in war castles...if there is an all air raid without luring, then the barbarians are going to actually wait until the hero comes within clan castle range!

ALSO we should consider putting 1 balloon in the castle, although it may be slow, it works very well when combined with wizards and archers. Overall, this combination could be very deadly against air attacks, which are often used against our TH8 bases.

TH9 Combo's

Bawinoon (30)
  • 1 witch
  • 5 barb
  • 1 loon
  • 1 wiz
  • 2 minion
Bawinoon (25)
  • 1 witch
  • 1 loon
  • 1 wiz
  • 2 minion
The witch barbarian combination has proved to be interesting yet very very effective combo.  This strategy is catered towards bases going against gowipe. The major damage dealt by the loons, wiz, minions, and even the witch all together could work in perfect harmony. I would not suggest valkyries at a high level base such as a TH9.

TH10 Combo's

Wilarnion (35)
  • 1 witch
  • 1 loon
  • 3 arch
  • 5 barb
  • 5 minion
Wilarnion (30)
  • 1 witch
  • 1 loon
  • 3 arch
  • 4 barb
  • 3 minions
This varied combination is very similar to the TH9 combination, however it is a bit quicker and features a higher variation of ground troops….

TH8 Combo'S

Mizarns (25)
  • 3 wiz
  • 4 minions
  • 1 loon
Mizarns (20)
  • 2 wiz
  • 4 archers
  • 4 minions
If you combine the quick speed of the archers, with the quick flying minions, initial damage will be substantial. Furthermore, the wizards will get a great chance to kill some dragons or even a golem. The balloon in the clan castle is a very good idea, due to its slow speed it most likely will not be the leader in coming out, which means it will not get taken out right away. Its splash damage alone could make the difference between a successful and failed raid.

Valkyries have worked amazingly for us in the past on the lower bases. That should not be changed and I feel that there is no better way to ensure defense works well at the lower level. We should continue doing this. Whether we put it with a minion (recommended) or even 2 archers, the valkyrie dominates on the lower level.

TH9 Combo'S

Valoonion (25)
  • 2 valks
  • 2 minions
  • 1 loon
Valoonion (20)
  • 2 valks
  • 2 minions
I feel that this has the potential to work very well. Haven’t tested this strategy yet, however on paper it sounds pretty good.  Although valkyries do dominate the lower level, they could also be a key role in killing a golem in gowipe, they have a high hitpoint number, and could absorb a lot of damage. This would allow them to severely damage a golem while the loon comes, and drops a bomb on it. The minions add quickness and extra damage. This combination is definitely worth testing.

TH10 Combo's

Balooariz (30)
  • 1 barb
  • 2 loons
  • 3 arch
  • 4 wiz
I think this would work very well in not only a gowipe situation but in other situations as well.  The variety is definitely a plus and it would be very hard to lure and kill all of these cc troops in a reasonable manor.

RE: War troop combinations - _SilentScreams_ - 04-19-2015

Good ones coop. These are some nice ideas. Although I am not a fan of loons in cc due to the fact its slow and easy to take out when it isn't in a group

I agree. Town hall 10/9 should shift away from valks because they take to much space and they are easy to lure.

For th10. I'd say a witch, and archers because it'll be the best for (time consumption) and (toughness to lure) having MORE troops in cc make it extremely annoying to lure. 

For th9 I'd say it depends one how easily your base is lureable. For example. My base. Super hard to lure. Therefore if I have more troops it'll make it that more of the attackers troops must be used to lure my cc. And therefore the outcome will become a defensive win. For other th9's it depends on the format of your base ..

But currently our best bet is going Witch + Archers, Valk + min + arch + wiz, These 2 have been proven to be great. 

For th8 I would have to say that valks aren't the greatest choice. Many th8 attacks are using drags or hogs. And with both the cc is either lured or not worried about. Maybe a loon may come in handy at this town hall. I would actually like to try one of the combos on a th8. To see how it does

For lowers( anything th7 and down)  I'd have to say that valks are necessary. This is because many lower players don't lure cc. I'd say anywhere from /10 - /20 cc space should be filled with our usual. 

My opinion on loons? Loons are great to take out hero's 100%. But if you use gowipe, or any ground attack (many of our top guys get attacked by hogs, gowipe, gowiwi etc) the loon becomes useless. Same with barbarians. The only plus side to loons+barbs comp I see that can play a huge part would be the slowness of the troops. A time killer of course and that always is good. But the thing Is.. Most th8Confused are 3 starred due to that match ups we get. We are no longer having matchups where we run into NO TH10s. 

So overall id have to say nice job with the ideas. I would love to try a loon + something combo to see how it does FOR TH8s I just dont think that it'll work well anywhere else.  But of course I could be wrong. Maybe we need to try to differentiate in what we throw in our /25 and /30 cc's (for our th10 th9 and some th8)

Nice job coop

RE: War troop combinations - Cooper - 04-19-2015

Thank you for the input Silent i really appreciate it. I very much understand why you would not be a fan of loons in cc, however i do feel that the witch-barb combo would be something neat to test, just to see how it goes. Other than that I feel that you are right on the money! Now lets go kick some ass in round 2 Wink

RE: War troop combinations - mikeh - 04-19-2015

had a quick scan read, will read properly tomorrow but great to see you posting all these idea's cooper we do need to mix up war troops a bit Smile 

RE: War troop combinations - Zooks - 04-22-2015

These are great! thanks coop Wink

I've got some loons mixed in up top this war to give them a shot.  We will start testing these combos out in select castles over the next few wars. 

More soon Smile

-Z

RE: War troop combinations - deathblooms - 05-12-2015

Sup fellas

All sounds great above thought we all would appreciate a video of seeing some of these troop comps in action. Giving us some confidence in Coops ideas. Follow the link below for a good vid

RE: War troop combinations - mikeh - 05-14-2015

Great video blooms, Really does support coops combinations there. Was doubtful over the whole witch barbs and loons etc up top but after seeing that video i'm excited to see how it goes this war.