The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $data_size - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/sharethispage.php(362) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/sharethispage.php(362) : eval()'d code 3 errorHandler->error
/inc/plugins/sharethispage.php 362 eval
/inc/class_plugins.php 139 sharethispage_run
/global.php 474 pluginSystem->run_hooks
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $data_related - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/sharethispage.php(362) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $data_count - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/sharethispage.php(362) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $data_hashtags - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/sharethispage.php(362) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $menu_rankings - Line: 30 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 57 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 57 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(254) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(254) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 254 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 167 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 167 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 167 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

The House of JUSTiSO - A Clash of Clans Community
Mo' War, Mo' Problems.. ;) - Printable Version

+- The House of JUSTiSO - A Clash of Clans Community (http://www.justiso.net)
+-- Forum: The Clash of Clans Neighborhood - Clan Forums (http://www.justiso.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: JUSTiSO (http://www.justiso.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+--- Thread: Mo' War, Mo' Problems.. ;) (/showthread.php?tid=636)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Mo' War, Mo' Problems.. ;) - Zooks - 02-03-2015

As you may know, we have been in talks about increasing the number of weekly wars in main to two (2) per week.  We had originally planned to have a test run during the month of February but do to the lack of planning we are now pushing the one month trial run to march.

WHY THE CHANGE?
Up until now we have been hosting war in two main war channels (JUSTiSO and JUSTiSO*RiSiNG). Having war once per week in each clan on non-conflicting days has allowed players flexibility in the amount of war they participate in --  Bi-Weekly, Weekly or None.  This has proved very successful for us, but recently Supercell imposed restrictions on the number of simultaneous join requests than can be pending in chat.   Now limited to only 2, the "bounce" or transition between war clans has become very inconvenient.  Many players have been getting locked out and are forced to repeatedly try back just to join -- very frustrating for those who have a limited window of availability to work with. 

THE TRIAL RUN
Since a majority of the team has been participating in both wars, one idea being kicked around is to simply hold war twice per week in main, and only once per week in rising.  This will cut down on the number of transition conflicts but will also have its own set of challenges. 

We will need for more war coordinators to run wars.   There will be 3 wars per week and the usual coordinators will be stretched thin -- running simultaneous wars will mean twice the monitoring.  

Another important note is avoiding a separation between the channels.  Growth is our no.1 goal and 2 wars in main should not mean neglecting or abandoning RiSiNG.

I'll be adding more to this soon but posting now to get the ball rolling.

Input?  Ideas? comments? suggestions?

ALL ARE WELCOME Wink  

....to be continued.

-Z

RE: Mo' War, Mo' Problems.. ;) - mikeh - 02-03-2015

The long awaited post appears Smile

I do think this change is needed but the transition may be difficult at first. 

I was thinking earlier that I don't think having an account in each clan is worth while, as we would at some point have 2 wars going at the same time. Soooo as much I would like to stay in main and war twice a week I dont mind for now staying in rising to run it with whoever wants to join me there (silent, tuck alan, nolimitz) or whoever else is interested. But I do think whoever does it need to stay in rising as it would need full time attention (something it really does lack now) I could be wrong whats peoples thoughts on this?

Here's a few questions / thoughts burning my mind about it:

Will main become a closed clan that you actually do have to qualify in rising to move into main? or will you still try and recruit in main too? 

What days should we do war? Tue / Fri still and just do Fridays in rising or would we try starting war in rising on a Wednesday but then prep day clashes with war day in the other. 

Is everyone happy with the start time of war? i actually quite like it as 2nd round starts around 8pm which suits me but may not suit everyone, If we do keep it the same we need USA leader in rising to start the war. 

We need a few higher people in rising for war donations

obviously members can switch back and forth if they want (cant see it though if they are warring twice a week in main anyway)

can we actually end up in war with each other? 

If zooks or other leaders ban someone from war in main do we let them back into rising?

to follow the first comment, could we do a month about or a season about running rising, I think swapping everywar is too much, but if we had a schedule say for example Jan - Tuck & Nolimitz then Feb Mike & Alan then March Nolimitz & Mike etc......

Thats all i can think of at the minute I'll post more as they pop into my head I know thereis more question I have.

RE: Mo' War, Mo' Problems.. ;) - alan - 02-03-2015

ok my thoughts!!!

There are 7 days in the week so there is no reason for any clashes between the wars. Tue/wed main, Thur/Fri rising Sat/Sun main leaving Mon as a day of rest and breaks up the wars for main.

Main should be closed it should be something for people to aim for from rising otherwise it simply becomes two clans to join.

We definatly need high grade people in rising for donations... But its only for war cc donations as for actual war attack donations high members could pop in during battle day to donate??? so one or two high members would surfice

Do we have some kind of limit on switching as then whats the point of the two clans???

Banning from main is a ban from rising as the reason they were banned from main would effect rising eg not turning up for war but maybe they have to come back through rising to get to main???

The issue with a clan with one war a week is the quiet between, rising needs to be populated by active members or we wont get members staying. Therfore i agree with mike i think a rotor needs to be drawn up as i like to war with both accounts as much as possible and having tried having one in each i tended to ignor jr in rising and concentrate on main simply because its like a ghosttown in rising when we are in main and visa-versa.

we would have to be prepaired for risings war stats to take a hit as i imagine we would lose a little more often. as we wouldnt have so many strong members in there.

War between the clans could be fun or is that just me imagine if rising beat main lol

I am happy to offer my services and will do what i can to help out.... I and my bases have have come on loads since being at justiso and now i want to give some back.

RE: Mo' War, Mo' Problems.. ;) - _SilentScreams_ - 02-04-2015

Thanks for forgeting me @Mikeh lol 

Anyways. Heres my idea on things. 

1. Alan and I have the same situation, I tend to forget about my 2nd account due to the fact that I like to raid on my main. I seem to enjoy it more. Now that I have 3 accounts. I think itll be extra hard. But again Ive been trying my hardest to raid on all 3 accounts.

2. The thing with rising is that it is a ghosttown. Without a doubt. It has no active members, and when it does and war is in main... Welll they just leave. Simple and I dont blame them. I personally never talk on SilentLetsClash because I then get stuck and Cant switch to my other account to do my usual raids

SOLUTIONS

1. I think that the best way to make sure we keep rising active and main active is having (Like mike said) alternating months where each moderator is chose to jump into rising for that month. But with this. I'd say we can get both our accounts in the one clan. Therefore we dont run into problems of being in 2 places at once. WITH THAT we can focus on raiding with both accounts and not ignoring chat. Lastly, If we run it like this [Jan] Mike, Mike-Jiso & Alan, Alan Jr [Feb] Tuckersheros, TuckersWarlords & NoLimitz, Speedy Limitz etc we can then have a couple month break. before your next shift comes up. 

Now another thing I'd say. With the closing the clan fully maybe we only accept people at the end of the 2 week season
At the same time at the end of the 2 week season we recruit in global etc. 
Now another thing, If we think people are ready to go to Main for war. We dont just let them in. Maybe we could do somethiong like an entry application (This will let people choose whether they want to be active on the forums or not lol)

This can be something like a couple questions where its if they have listened to the assignments on war or what we talk about they will easily be accepted 

Ex
Where do you find "Assignments" 
Etc 

Idk just a couple of ideas/problem solvers 

RE: Mo' War, Mo' Problems.. ;) - Zooks - 02-04-2015

Good stuff here so far guys.

....digesting.

-Z

RE: Mo' War, Mo' Problems.. ;) - tuckerswarlords - 02-06-2015

OK here goes.
Firstly I agree with all the above.
I think minimum of three moderators required for rising from different time zones.
1 month rota great idea and I also think that will give adequate time to evaluate new comers. At the end of that month a select few maybe only 1 or 2 who have shown they can follow all the rules are invited to come across to the main clan with them. This will be a god way to introduce them to the rest of the team and will also avoid any misunderstandings that has happened in the past. I am quite happy to leave warlord in rising full time if need be until we get more people on board to help fun rising. Evo might be interested as this time it won't be isolated from main and there will be other loyal members there.
I think the problems before have resultednfrom feeling isolated from main and people throwing toys out the pram before discussing.
Hope this helps.
Happy to do what's required as long as it don't cost anything.
Happy clashing.

RE: Mo' War, Mo' Problems.. ;) - _SilentScreams_ - 02-06-2015

I  really agree with tuck. But I think that we shouldnt run too many. Trust me. We will need a break.. 

I think the best is to use the 2-3 moderators in rising every month. Then switch. We can always rotate the lines and see who works well with who.

I just don't think having one account in main and one in rising will work well

RE: Mo' War, Mo' Problems.. ;) - mikeh - 02-07-2015

Silent where did I forget you?? I wouldn't do that Wink (I mentioned you at the start but the example at the bottom was just an example)

Firstly Alan your right, I was convinced when writing that war takes 3 days (no idea why) thats why i was saying wars would cross but your right, they wont lol.

Ok so here's what im taking from this so far that we all agree on or sounds good to me

1. Main should be closed - People get promoted from rising and the end of month / seaason, I love the application idea silent, they should be able to answer questions about war and assignments etc before going into main.

2. All your own accounts in same clan - deffo agree with this, as its easy to get in coversation in one clan and other account is ignored, at least if there all in the same clan it doesnt matter who much you are chatting or raiding your still looking after your choosen clan.

3. Schedule for moderators - A month about does sound the best way of doing it, as mentioned ideally we need at least 1 uk leader and 1 usa leader at the same time. this shouldnt be too hard to put togther. I think all the leaders are chatty and thats enough to keep me going i don't need loads to chat too as long as i have 1 or 2 people to chat too Smile And as long as the leaders are active people are going to stay in rising instead of thinking its a ghost town.

We still need to sort days or wars and time we start as ideally we need UK or USA leaders to able to start a war. I was also thinking about the league tables, once we start the trial we should start keeping one for rising too, Only because its a very good indication of who is missing attacks or consistently performing badly and needs guidance.

I know alan said a ban is a ban and I agree, but what about a demotion, If someone isnt performing in main do they get demoted for further training or do you just keep training them in main?

Another one is war donations for me, It can be really expensive for thoese donating, so I propose as well as listing doantions we want in castles  on assignments sheets we also list who we want to donate and how much, so say 3 people have lvl 2 / 3 valks we split it between the 3 of them for example.

So far we have

Me UK
Tuck UK
Alan UK
Silent Canada
Zooks USA
Nolimitz?????? USA

Maybe we need a few more people on board

Ball is rolling well here me thinks

RE: Mo' War, Mo' Problems.. ;) - _SilentScreams_ - 02-07-2015

No limitz is a rapper. No shit he's in the USA... Ahhahaha jkjk Wink aand cough *I'm in Canada* Cough

I fully agree with mike. He said everything that seems to have no mistakes or flaws. 

About the demotion/ban part

A bans a ban. Fair enough.. But again we all have common sense. We dont need to put down a rule bored. Its simple no racial comments... No spam... Obey war assignments. Plus the little bits here and there.. 

Demotion definelty needs to be a thing. Id say you shud be getting at least 3 stars per war. Simple as that. If your having a bad day... Its not that hard to tell someone and they will understand... But consecutively... Not the most "favorable thing" I'd say if you start having shitty wars over and over again. We will have to remove you throughout the one month span of the moderator switch thingy. I'm sure we can find a replacement from rising. If not... Another not can do. 

That's all for me. Bbai ladies 

RE: Mo' War, Mo' Problems.. ;) - mikeh - 02-07-2015

I apologize Silent, note taken and post changed Smile