The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $data_size - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/sharethispage.php(362) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/sharethispage.php(362) : eval()'d code 3 errorHandler->error
/inc/plugins/sharethispage.php 362 eval
/inc/class_plugins.php 139 sharethispage_run
/global.php 474 pluginSystem->run_hooks
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $data_related - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/sharethispage.php(362) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $data_count - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/sharethispage.php(362) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $data_hashtags - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/sharethispage.php(362) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $menu_rankings - Line: 30 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 57 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 57 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(254) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(254) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 254 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 167 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 167 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 167 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

The House of JUSTiSO - A Clash of Clans Community
Calling all graphic Artists: Got Photoshop?? - Printable Version

+- The House of JUSTiSO - A Clash of Clans Community (http://www.justiso.net)
+-- Forum: The Clash of Clans Neighborhood - Clan Forums (http://www.justiso.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: JUSTiSO (http://www.justiso.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+--- Thread: Calling all graphic Artists: Got Photoshop?? (/showthread.php?tid=570)

Pages: 1 2

Calling all graphic Artists: Got Photoshop?? - Zooks - 11-25-2014

Hey Team!  As many of you know we have been kicking around ideas on how to better market our team to help promote growth.  Silent pointed out that many of the other organized teams distribute recruitment banners and videos on the Clash related forums out there.  I thought creating some of our own would be a great idea and so lately a few of us have started tinkering with it.  If you have graphics experience or would simply like to try, id love to have anyone and everyone get on board with helping to create content -- the more the better.  If you are interested, please reply or PM me or simply create and attach your own here  Smile.  

Any style or "look" is acceptable.  It can be QUiRKY like my example below, or more sinister, or traditionally branded, or whatever -- Have fun with it and don't be scared to get creative.  Smile

Please DO NOT distribute work to OTHER forums with out clearance.  Smile

Thanks All!  If you need access to tools and/or COC stock graphics let me know.

-Z
[attachment=146]

RE: Calling all graphic Artists: Got Photoshop?? - mikeh - 11-26-2014

Zooks, This is one I put together the other day but wasn't too fussed on it, i'm posting it as im trying to combine silents family thing but also your idea of not being too specific about requirements. gone for more of a 3 sections type thing, beginner, intermediate and elite.

Again only posting this as an idea of branding for each clan, the descriptions can easily be changed etc...

[Image: n70m1h.jpg]

RE: Calling all graphic Artists: Got Photoshop?? - Zooks - 11-26-2014

Yeah, I like this conceptually and the design is cool too.  I think the amount of detail is just about right for wide distribution.  I envision embedded hyperlinks for each channel that would take you to a details page on the forum..  that way we can always update the details on the page and not have to run around updating and redistributing the banners right away.  I don't think photoshop supports embedded hyperlinks so we may need to export the banners into Fireworks or another app to finalize.

I think the "levels" can work but we need to be careful not to make it a "good, better, best" environment unless we have folks literally banging down the door to get in.  If we try to separate the group we have now it will most likely lead to problems.  In the past, this model has not worked for us because several of our top guys (the ones suppose to be leading) developed "elitist" attitudes and no longer would help the other clans with troops, advice, guidance, etc.  At the same time, people cast off into the "less able" clans often found themselves bored because the usual talkers were no longer with them.  Lastly, we had issues with senior members growing their junior accounts. Its hard to impose trophy/level requirements while at the same time having several accounts getting the "ok" because they belong to senior members.

So I know mikes banner was preliminary and he hadn't really intended it to suggest hard and fast details on channel requirements or spark a debate on clan politics, but this is a topic that surfaces often and one we will need to kick around before we distribute content promoting multiple channels and their premise. I think it would be cool to one day have a channel focus on breaking into the top 200 but for the time being, I believe a good focus would be to concentrate on growing our players.  The best way to do this I recon is to promote equal access to our top players for mentoring and recourses, not a separation.

Besides exp level or trophies, how else could we differentiate the channels?  What other ideas can we come up with regarding unique offerings or features of different channels while still being able to have an "open door" policy with all members across all channels?  A "push" channel could work if we impose requirements around relative growth rather than a hard and fast number.  Another thought might be different team challenges per channel??  What challenges do you guys think would be fun while also ensuring most can walk right in and compete.  Seasonal challenges maybe?

Id like to get others to weigh in on this? all comments/ideas are welcome..  Smile.

-Z

RE: Calling all graphic Artists: Got Photoshop?? - mikeh - 11-26-2014

point zooks, I'll keep playing around, I'd just like to point out that generally I am never happy with anything I do on photoshop so ill just experiment and keep posting stuff to get feedback.

As for separation I actually agree that having good, better, best isn't a great idea. I like the way it is now, but it does seem pointless at the minute having the two clans. what I mean by that its generally the same people in every war. would it be better to war twice a week in main and just do practice wars / training etc in rising. Its just a thought I don't want to impose on what you have set up already because I really like it. but just something else to think about.

I will try out a few banners with just a generic come join us type thing (like yours), and mention the whole mature friendly chat, bets donations etc... Once people are in we can explain what we do too them.

Growing our current players (and ourselves) is deffo the best thing we can do and obviously any new peeps that come along and challenges would help do that. 

I think maybe simple challenges such as people pick 5 things they want to upgrade or get done before the end of the season and they push to do that or something along them lines.

Or maybe you must try a different attack style to diverse your strategies. There are lots of sites with strategies on like this one

Strategies

we could try them out, rate them, show video replays of them etc... might be an issue people recording it though not sure.

hmmmm, we keep bouncing ideas around and not deciding on any lol. i'm terrible for that I hope i'm not rubbing off on you

Mike

RE: Calling all graphic Artists: Got Photoshop?? - Zooks - 11-26-2014

Hahha! No, not rubbing off, just found someone with similar issues is all.  I blame ADD for my "overthinking and underdoing" Wink but at the end of the day, even if nothing actually gets accomplished, I always feel like the ideas and discussions are a good exercise at the very least.  One common contributor to my hesitation to pull the trigger is also lack of feedback I think.  I hate to go and make a decision for a group with out at least getting their general opinion on it.  So the question is, do people NOT want to add their 2 cents??  Or is there an intimidation or insecurity factor??  Or is it that they would rather just have someone else make the decisions because they are indecisive too??  lol  Or maybe no one besides you and I actually reading these posts??!!  The good news of course is that the Forum does offer a certain amount of "longevity" so to speak..  So one day, people WILL know,,,  maybe all at once, or perhaps just one at a time, but they will know we had ideas, and yes... we were "thinking" about stuff!!  LOL

The multi-room thing has several benefits in my eyes..  I'll try not to go on and on about it (cause I never do that), so ill limit ramblings to 2 reasons although they may not indeed represent the 2 BEST reasons  Wink..  The first reason being the war flexibility - tru, many of the same players participate in both wars, but believe it or not,  2 or more wars a week is actually a turn off to some folks - my self included initially.  It is quite a commitment when you consider missing attacks can result in exile Wink .. especially when you consider the way WE do war - its a bit more demanding then most id have to assume.  If you look back at Main in fact you'll find we have about 10-15 core players that hang back.   Sometimes they come over sometimes not -- and that is the beauty of it I think.  I liken it to a virtual Frat House, The House of JUSTiSO.  Main, Rising, and Hell are just different rooms to party in..  The the brothers and sisters will follow the action around and sometimes cram the entire crowd into a single room but that's no reason to go looking for a smaller house now is it?.  Wink  

The other thing I've come to embrace (believe it or not), is the open door player floods --  There must be some logic in the software that trys to stabilize the clan enrolments because as soon as we start hopping over to the other channel and we hit that sweet spot of about 40, heads come rushing in to bring it back to 45...  if you let it dip below 30 however, this phenomena seems to stop.  While I used to consider this a huge nuisance, I've come to appreciate open door period as an opportunity to meet and grab new players.  Andrew and several others are actually a product of this in fact. - So jumping from room to room allows us to cast our net a couple times a week in hopes of catching a new fish or 2 worthy of our pond... if we stay in one packed sweaty room all the times we'd miss out on the opportunities.

S'all for now cause this editor is lagging g something awful!!

PEAS, LOVE, ...... REZ-PECKT TO ALLLS

-Z

RE: Calling all graphic Artists: Got Photoshop?? - FIdoraplaysIT - 12-01-2014

(11-25-2014, 05:59 PM)Zooks Wrote:  Hey Team!  As many of you know we have been kicking around ideas on how to better market our team to help promote growth.  Silent pointed out that many of the other organized teams distribute recruitment banners and videos on the Clash related forums out there.  I thought creating some of our own would be a great idea and so lately a few of us have started tinkering with it.  If you have graphics experience or would simply like to try, id love to have anyone and everyone get on board with helping to create content -- the more the better.  If you are interested, please reply or PM me or simply create and attach your own here  :).  

Any style or "look" is acceptable.  It can be QUiRKY like my example below, or more sinister, or traditionally branded, or whatever -- Have fun with it and don't be scared to get creative.  :)

Please DO NOT distribute work to OTHER forums with out clearance.  :)

Thanks All!  If you need access to tools and/or COC stock graphics let me know.

-Z
Hey I made one. I hope that you like it. I spent like 3 hours doing everything i drew the the backround. Plz reply guys and say what you think!

RE: Calling all graphic Artists: Got Photoshop?? - Zooks - 12-01-2014

FldoraplaysIT,

You are off to a great start.  Conceptually, I love how you associated the groups prominence and "rise" to that of two very prominent buildings that for years have defined the skyline of one of the greatest cities on earth.  Your artwork is superb and I can appreciate your eye for balance in the way you choose to arrange your titles.  In addition, your effort to tilt the titles in order to give the effect that the lettering is actually ON the buildings is impressive for your age. 

From a technically critical point of view however, id suggest more attention to detail.  While you spent time carefully tilting your titles to achieve an overlay look, the lack of proper scaling severely erodes the overall effect.   The slight overlaps where the titles jut out past the corners of the buildings contradicts the illusion you were attempting to showcase in the first place.  Had you scaled down the titles slightly you would have greatly improved the value of your efforts.

While technical details are easy to correct, I'm afraid subjectively this piece has greater issues.  While New York City and World Trade are certainly symbols close to the hearts of many, its important to recognized that it is a very "American" symbol and JUSTiSO is an "International" group.  It's confusing I know because "World Trade" does by name seem to suggest an international platform.  More importantly however, is that since 9/11, the symbolic connotation of Word Trade has changed drastically.  What once symbolized prominence, prestige and wealth, now serves as a stark reminder of one the darkest days in American history.  A day of loss, a time of resolve and more than a decade of emotional and physical recovery. 

Since you are 11, I don't expect you to recognize this, but the use of World Trade as a symbol for an international gamming community is not exactly an appropriate fit.  And the word "HELL" adorning the side of a national memorial is unsettling to say the least.  All things aside, minus the titling its a beautiful representation of the pre 9-11 skyline and im impressed with the idea that you have drawn it.  Did you draw it freehand or is it a tracing?

Overall, a brave effort but I'm afraid its back to the drawing board my friend Wink . 
Keep it up -- you indeed show signs of talent for your age and I look forward to seeing more from you in the future.

-Z

RE: Calling all graphic Artists: Got Photoshop?? - alan - 12-03-2014

[attachment=151]just a bit of fun

RE: Calling all graphic Artists: Got Photoshop?? - mikeh - 12-04-2014

Great effort that Alan, my fav so far Smile

RE: Calling all graphic Artists: Got Photoshop?? - _SilentScreams_ - 12-07-2014

So I wanted to try something after being away from Photoshop for like... Forever. 

This is what I've done. I tried to make this as beautiful as possible with as little pictures. So mainly Background colors, text, Shapes Etc Heres the Product. 

Lemme know what ya think Big Grin 

[attachment=153]