The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $data_size - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/sharethispage.php(362) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/sharethispage.php(362) : eval()'d code 3 errorHandler->error
/inc/plugins/sharethispage.php 362 eval
/inc/class_plugins.php 139 sharethispage_run
/global.php 474 pluginSystem->run_hooks
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $data_related - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/sharethispage.php(362) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $data_count - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/sharethispage.php(362) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $data_hashtags - Line: 3 - File: inc/plugins/sharethispage.php(362) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $menu_rankings - Line: 30 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 57 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 57 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1399 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1399 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1354 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 76 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 167 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 167 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 167 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 167 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error

The House of JUSTiSO - A Clash of Clans Community
base design for defense and growth - Printable Version

+- The House of JUSTiSO - A Clash of Clans Community (http://www.justiso.net)
+-- Forum: The H.O.J. - A "Clash of Clans" Community (http://www.justiso.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Clash of Clans - General Discussion (http://www.justiso.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: base design for defense and growth (/showthread.php?tid=23)

base design for defense and growth - Kat - 04-09-2014

I have had a lot of requests to view bases of new members and to give pointers on base design and location of buildings and such. Here I will hit the high points on things that I have repeatedly found helpful.

1. Your camps and barracks do not have to be behind walls. They are not the primary target as is your resources and storage. Use these items to make a strategic parameter around your fortification.

This parameter slows your enemy down by providing a distraction for the attacking troops. Eg, barbarians go after their nearest target, whereas giants go after weaponry.

3. Make note that the white lines that surround your camps and structures need to touch. If they do not or if you have a hole, enemy can drop in close for a quick strike against your walls, break through and have at your weapons.

4. The more space you can push away from your walls without leaving holes, buys you time. This time allows our mortars, towers and cannon to take a few links at the approaching enemy forces before they reach the walls.

5. Walls are important, but don't rely on them solely as your defense. Invest as much as you can there, but remember that it is your weapons that actually stop the enemy's approach. When considering upgrades, view your walls as secondary to maxing out your weapons. I use excess gold from upgrades to improve my walls a bit at a time

6. If you get a shield, use it. It's fun to fight, but you need to build your resources to prepare for battle. Keep in mind the revenge factor in that some of these guys will come back after you.

7. If I'm going to be away for a while, I try to go ahead and do an upgrade or two, delete my resources in order to make my base unappealing to the Chris matis of the COC world. Chris matis first looks at resources and will only battle if the payoff will be big. Once you hit the silver league, anything less than a combined resource payoff less than 200 k is not worth the elixir to do the battle. Choose wisely when you choose. (I will encourage matis to post a dialog up on his selection process)

8. Build evenly but try not to lock yourself away from your warriors/resources. I only have one dark barraks. I learned the hard way when I upgraded it that while it was upgrading, I didn't have access to my dark troops. From now on, I will make sure that I don't do that again.

These are but a few tips. I am sure that others will add more to this thread.
Have fun
Kat's Hoard

RE: base design for defense and growth - BlackHawk - 04-09-2014

Good tips kats but one more:BE AWESOME